Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd., to now two automakers without a meaningful presence in diesel-engine development, both announce major moves to become prominent players in Europe's diesel-hungry markets. Toyota, which is ready to begin installation of 1.4L turbodiesel I-4s in its European-market Yaris subcompacts, reportedly will supply the same engine to BMW AG as soon as this fall. Honda says that in Europe it soon will use an Isuzu Motors Ltd. 1.7L turbodiesel for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.