Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s Thailand facility is getting ready to operate a second shift for the first time since opening in 1996, Asian press reports indicate. The move comes as Honda takes on the task of filling a backlog of orders for its CR-V SUV and prepares to build a new small car, based on the Honda Fit. The auto maker reports a 4-month order bank for the CR-V, introduced in January. Thai subsidiary Asian Honda Motor Co. Ltd. will hire some 300 additional part-time workers as it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.