DETROIT – Honeywell International Inc. is working on two advancements for its next-generation turbochargers that may help boost market acceptance of turbo power in the U.S., says Martin Verschoor, vice president-worldwide technology and engineering. The first, he says, is an electric boosting system that provides thrust on demand. The system, fully integrated with the engine-management system, works to complement both gas-electric hybrids and fuel-cell vehicles. Garrett supplies ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.