VIENNA – German supplier Honsel GmbH & Co. KG will begin construction this month on a plant in Slatina, Romania, that will manufacture aluminum cylinder heads for Volkswagen AG. Honsel plans to invest €140 million ($205 million) in the plant, named Honsel S.R.L. Serial production of the cylinder heads is slated to begin by year’s end for Volkswagen’s 2L common-rail diesel engine. The cylinder heads will be shipped from Romania to Audi Hungaria Motor Kft. in Gyor, Hungary, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.