“To me, first and foremost, we’re in the car and truck business. We’re designing, developing, building and selling cars and trucks. If you’re going to do that, you’ve got to have the process that delivers things on time, at quality, and on cost. Those are the basics of the business.” — Ford COO Nick Scheele DETROIT -- The outlook is a little bleak at Ford Motor Co. right now, but the new “back to basics” mantra Ford Chief Operating Officer Nick Scheele is chanting is music to my ears. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.