GM Holden Ltd.’s Holden Special Vehicles unit says production of its 7.0L high-performance car will be limited to a run of 427 units, individually priced at A$150,000 ($143,134). The W427, a heavily modified version of GM Holden’s Commodore sedan, has a U.S.-sourced V-8 engine and has been called the fastest road-legal supercar ever produced in Australia. It goes on sale in August. HSV says the W427 achieves 503 hp and 472 lb.-ft. (640 Nm) of torque. HSV will allocate at least one W427 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.