DURANGO, CO – Hummer H2 SUVs and Chevrolet and GMC light-duty pickups built after 2009 will be available with an all-new 4.5L V-8 Duramax turbodiesel General Motors Corp. will produce at its Tonawanda, NY, plant. Aimed as a means of improving the fuel efficiency of some of the auto maker’s biggest vehicles, the new engine will emit 13% less carbon dioxide than existing gasoline engines, while also reducing particulate and oxides of nitrogen emissions by 90% over today’s diesel powerplants, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.