General Motors Corp. has bought what it has struggled to build — a powerful brand name that can compete with Jeep and Ford trucks. GM last week signed a memorandum of understanding with AM General Corp. to acquire exclusive worldwide rights to the Hummer brand name — and scuttlebutt says a GM Hummer concept vehicle will be unveiled at the Detroit auto show in January. A final agreement should be completed in two to three months. The companies currently are working on how to leverage the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.