ESZTERGOM, Hungary – Magyar Suzuki plans to produce more cars destined for the Russian market at its plant here and is considering the possibility of exports to North Africa. “I think the Russian market will show a big increase in 2011,” Hisashi Takeuchi, managing director of Magyar Suzuki, tells Ward’s. In 2008, Russia was the largest market for Hungarian-made Suzuki cars, but demand there dropped drastically due to the economic crisis, and Germany became the auto maker’s main export ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.