The surprise and sudden departure of two top Kia Motors America Inc. officials this month was a carefully planned strategic decision resulting from the operation’s growing importance to parent Kia Motors Corp., an insider in Korea tells Ward’s. CEO Len Hunt and Ian Beavis, vice president-marketing, unceremoniously exited KMA following the Feb. 5 appointment of Byung-mo Ahn as chairman, president and CEO. “Ahn was promoted…based on sound business decisions, regardless of how things might ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.