DETROIT – Chrysler Group begins pilot production this month of the Durango Hybrid, its first gasoline-electric vehicle, Frank Klegon, executive vice president-product development, says. Klegon also confirms the powertrain’s electric motors will be mated to Chrysler’s trademark 5.7L Hemi V-8. Factoring in the Hemi’s Multi-Displacement System that shuts down cylinders when not needed, the hybrid powertrain will offer a fuel economy improvement of up to 30%. This portends combined ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.