U.S. car buyers’ interest in hybrid and flex-fuel powerplants reached new heights in the ‘08 model year, as consumers reacted to record fuel prices for a third consecutive year and auto makers rushed to meet the demand. However, the deepening economic recession and vehicle sales slump held the gains in check compared with the rapid expansion seen in prior years. Related document: U.S. Light Vehicle Engine Installations by Engine Type by Model Year, 2006-2008 A Ward’s survey of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.