U.S. sales of hybrid and electric vehicles fell 5.6% in 2010, but a resurgence was seen in December, when gas prices hovered at or above $3 per gallon in most of the country. While sales of hybrid light trucks last month slipped 10.3%, a 25.7% increase in passenger-car sales was enough to push total December HEV deliveries up 18.7% from like-2009, data released earlier this week shows, making it the best month of the year for the sector with 28,918 units. General Motors Co.’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.