SAO PAULO – Imported hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) generate more emissions due to Brazilian gasoline, says Petrobras SA. which conducts tests on the vehicles. The oil company, which conducts tests on the vehicles, says Brazilian gasoline contains 25% alcohol and more sulfur than the gasoline of other countries. “With our gasoline, consumption and gas emissions would be 10% greater than in the U.S," Tadeu Cordeiro de Melo, coordinator of the vehicle test laboratory at Petrobras, says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.