SEOUL – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. wants to improve the fuel economy of its vehicles by increasing the efficiency of its current engines and employing more lightweight materials in its cars and trucks. “We are developing a Theta 2, an upgraded version of the Theta engine just to enhance the horsepower at lower fuel consumption,” CEO Kim Dong-jin tells media here. A 2.0L version of the 4-cyl. Theta powers Hyundai’s Elantra compact car in the U.S. and is related to the 4-cyl. “World Engine” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.