South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is targeting worldwide sales of 2,735,000 vehicles this year, a 9.5% increase over the 2,496,890 vehicles it sold in 2006. Export sales from Hyundai’s domestic plants are targeted to increase to 1,085,000 units, a 5.3% rise from year-ago’s 1,030,774. Many of those vehicles will wind up in the U.S. market, where the auto maker aims to sell 273,000 units, a 13.7% jump over prior-year’s 240,000. However, last year’s export sales to the U.S. were down ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.