Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly is planning to take total control of its Australian operations. Local media reports predict a A$90 million ($59.5 million) buyout within the month. The company now is represented by Hyundai Automotive Distributors Australia, a subsidiary of Singapore distributor Cycle & Carriage Co. Hyundai's Australian sales have dropped from a peak of more than 50,000 units to last year’s 35,000.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.