NAMYANG, South Korea – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. engineers say they benchmarked Ford Motor Co.’s Fusion Hybrid in crafting the Sonata Hybrid, which goes on sale in the U.S. later this year. Their goal was to give Hyundai’s first hybrid-electric vehicle in the U.S. as seamless a transition from gasoline to electric propulsion as that of the Fusion version. “The most difficult technology (hurdle to overcome) is the clutch engagement and disengagement without any delay or any shocks,” Steve ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.