SANTA BARBARA, CA – Hyundai Motor America plans to build a production version of the Neos-II concept cross/utility vehicle, unveiled nearly three years ago at the Tokyo auto show. The concept, complete with innovative sliding doors, was seen by former HMA CEO Robert Cosmai as a way to attract younger buyers to the brand. “I’d have to say, right now, I don’t think we have a full product lineup (with which) we can really go after the Scion-type of client,” he told Ward’s in fall 2004. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.