TAIPEI — Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. says it has started assembly-line production of its Grandeur XG large sedan in Taiwan through partnership with Taiwanese automaker Chinchun Motor Co. Ltd. The joint car assembly plant, about 80 km (50 miles) north of Taipei, will produce about 4,000 Grandeur XGs a year, officials say. The Korean automaker last year sold 3,900 Atoz, EF Sonata and Trajet XG models here. Taiwan's total car sales totaled 400,000 units in 2000. Hyundai aims to expand its car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.