Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is taking the unusual step of bypassing this week’s Frankfurt motor show by unveiling its all-new sixth-generation YF Sonata sedan today at a modest gathering along the Han River in Seoul. “We kept the Sonata name because it has been the leader in its class in Korea since it was first introduced in 1985, but this is an entirely new vehicle,” a Hyundai spokesman tells Ward’s. “We didn’t show it in Frankfurt because the new Sonata will sell in Korea, North America, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.