Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo is in police custody under arrest on charges of embezzlement and misappropriation of company funds. Prosecutors reportedly are seeking to indict his son, Kia Motor Corp. President Chung Eui-sun, without detaining him. At issue are alleged bribes said to have been paid to public officials to help group companies and their officials, including the auto makers, acquire various licenses, dump debt and earn windfall profits through the sale and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.