Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. President and CEO Youn Yeo-chul sustains slight injuries during a scuffle with disgruntled unionized workers at one of the auto maker’s plants in Ulsan, South Korea. “Mr. Youn was shoved in the face hard enough that it broke his glasses and cut his cheek,” a company insider tells Ward’s. According to local police reports, Hyundai alleges union members also sprayed Youn and other company officials with fire extinguishers during a demonstration Jan. 3. The workers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.