Monday’s sentencing of Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo, 68, to a 3-year jail term by Seoul Central District Court Judge Kim Dong-oh brings surprise to the automotive group, which says he plans to appeal the ruling. The group includes South Korean auto makers Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and Kia Motors Corp. Hyundai, the world’s No.6 auto maker, in the last months has battled union strikes at home and flagging sales in its domestic market, as well as in the U.S. where it builds the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.