Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo is pardoned by South Korea President Lee Myung-bak, and his 3-year suspended sentence for embezzlement and breach of fiduciary trust has been expunged. Also pardoned is Kim Dong-jin, vice-chairman of Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., who had been given a 2-year suspended sentence after being convicted on the same charges. It is the second presidential pardon for Kim, who also was given a 2-year suspended sentence in 2003 for illegally ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.