Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. issues a stern disavowal of any aspirations to market a pickup in the U.S. following initial media reports the Korean auto maker is studying the prospect. The reports say Hyundai has approached Chrysler Group LLC to build a truck based on the platform that shoulders the Detroit auto maker’s Ram pickup. “Hyundai Motor Co. denies that there are any current plans to bring a pickup truck of any type into the U.S. now, or in the foreseeable future,” says Dan Bedore, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.