Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is developing a liquefied petroleum gas-electric hybrid version of its popular Avante/Elantra compact it plans to begin selling in South Korea in 2009. “Sales of the Avante LPG Hybrid will be limited to the Korean market, but exports are possible at a later stage to markets where there is a good LPG distribution infrastructure,” a Hyundai spokesman tells Ward’s. The spokesman declines to reveal technical details of the LPG hybrid powertrain under development. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.