LA JOLLA, CA – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. plans to bring to market a plug-in hybrid-electric vehicle by late 2012 or early 2013, a top official says at a Sonata Hybrid media preview here. The car will be sold both in Korea and the U.S., but what technology will be used has yet to be decided. “Right now, we are developing two different types of plug-in hybrids in-house,” says Ki-Sang Lee, senior vice president-HEV development group, Hyundai R&D Center. The two versions mirror the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.