Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. unveils a new compressed natural gas/electric-motor hybrid bus under the Hyundai “Blue-City” badge and plans to begin fullscale production in 2012. The all-new vehicle is equipped with a 240-hp CNG engine mated with a 6-speed manual transmission. Electric mobility is provided by a 60kW (82-hp) high-efficiency electric motor that draws power from a 3.8 kWh lithium-polymer battery. Fleet tests of 30 of the new vehicles will begin in major Korean cities in July, says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.