Beijing Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. has scrapped plans to introduce a low-cost car in China and will instead develop a new sedan somewhat larger than the current Accent. “The RB mini-sedan was being developed to compete with low-cost entries produced by Chinese indigenous auto makers, but we have decided not to focus on that segment,” a Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. spokesman tells Ward’s. “We have reframed the project and now are developing the RC model, which is somewhere between the Accent and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.