MUMBAI – Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. plans to cease production of its subcompact Atos car in South Korea and transfer its production base to India by 2003, where the car is known as the Santos. The Atos/Santro then will be exported from India to Europe, where it is known as the Amica. "We will be exporting around 50,000 Santros from India. Most of these exports will be to Europe," says B.V.R. Subbu, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. president. Hyundai’s Santro (Atos, pictured) holds a 26% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.