PORTLAND, OR – Hyundai Motor America would like to enter the diesel market in the U.S., but says its 2L engine available in the Tucson small cross/utility vehicle in Europe is too underpowered for sale here. “We’ve evaluated (the 2L diesel engine in Europe) and our desire upon evaluating was we wish it had a little more torque, a little bit more horsepower for the American buyers,” John Krafcik, vice president-corporate strategic planning and product planning, tells Ward’s here at a Tucson ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.