SOUTHFIELD, MI – Hyundai Motor America is mulling entering the fullsize pickup market, a potential next move after it completes the launch of a spate of car-based models here over the next two years. Tucson is one of seven new Hyundai models coming. Although the auto maker has been able to successfully break into the light-truck market in the U.S. with unibody, car-based cross/utility vehicles, CEO Robert Cosmai tells Ward’s he very much would like to add a body-on-frame pickup truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.