MUMBAI – Hyundai India launches the Eon with an eye on challenging its small-car rivals in style, design and engineering as well as price and performance. The auto maker’s primary target is Maruti Suzuki’s highly successful Alto, of which 347,000 units were sold last year and 142,000 in the first half of this year. Alto dominates India’s small-car market, with 1.7 million units delivered over the past 11 years. The Eon is 5 ins. (12.5 cm) shorter than the Alto and is more expensive: The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.