Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. will spend 214 billion won ($172 million) in 2010 to develop five new models, a company spokesman confirms to Ward’s. The information is part of a recent regulatory filing that specifies the increased investment is being made to make Hyundai more viable in the global economic downturn. The investment is more than double the 79.5 billion won ($63.7 million) Hyundai is spending this year on new-product development, the spokesman says. Hyundai Chairman Chung ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.