LAS VEGAS – Hyundai is hoping its upcoming 2-door version of the Elantra sedan will accomplish two things: challenge the Honda Civic coupe and attract younger women to the brand. “When you look at (the) Civic coupe, it is day in/day out 70,000 (annual sales) or so, so it’s big volume,” Mike O’Brien, vice president-corporate and product planning-Hyundai Motor America, tells Ward’s in an interview here. “Plus, it does a good job of bringing in young female buyers, and that’s an area where ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.