Hyundai Mobis has developed its own antilock-brake system that it will begin applying to a Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. vehicle sometime in the next few months. The move is expected to save the Korean supplier $20 million annually in royalty payments made to Robert Bosch GmbH. Up to now, Mobis has produced and supplied ABS systems under license from Bosch. The two companies have shared a technical alliance for a number of years. The new ABS system is called the Mobis Electronic Brake, which a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.