Hyundai Motor Group’s steel-making ability is getting a boost under the guidance of Chairman Chung Mong-koo, who is on a personal quest to eliminate dependence on outside sources of steel. Chung’s goal is to make both Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and Kia Motors Corp. totally self-sufficient within the group and for the group to become the world’s eighth-largest steel producer by 2010. Analysts say he is well on his way to achieving his target. ’06 Hyundai Sonota built in Alabama. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.