MONTEREY, CA — Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. leads the charge in the Korean automakers' climb up-market with its new-for-North America '01 XG300 sedan. The vehicle, whose look and feel more is tailored to the Korean market than the domestic, is Hyundai's first stab at near-luxury segments. The reach — and Hyundai officials here acknowledge that it indeed is a reach — is a timid one. The automaker is bringing its Korea-built XG 300 over in limited quantity of 15,000 units in the first year, hoping ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.