South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. plans to begin mass production of hybrid versions of the new ’05 MC hatchback, which will replace the Accent/Verna platform next year and be offered in the U.S., a Hyundai source in Korea tells Ward’s. Additionally, he says Hyundai’s U.S. engineers currently are migrating fuel-cell technology from the Santa Fe cross/utility vehicle test program to the Tuscon CUV and expect to produce several hundred fuel-cell equipped Tuscons within the next year for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.