Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is narrowing down its choices for the location of a U.S. manufacturing plant to two to three potential sites, with a final decision to be announced in the first half of next year, says Chief Executive Kim Dong-Jin. The automaker now has the field narrowed to seven possible locations in five states. Mr. Kim would not specify a general location, but it is widely believed to be in the southeastern U.S. Hyundai’s future U.S. plant is part of an overall strategy of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.