Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. earned 586.6 billion won ($458 million) in first quarter 2002, more than doubling its earnings for any quarter since it established itself 36 years ago. Hyundai earned 276 billion won ($216 million) in the same period a year ago. Sales rose to a quarterly record of 6.085 trillion won ($4.8 billion) vs. 5.06 trillion won ($4 billion) in first quarter 2001. Hyundai’s unit sales were 402,766 units for the quarter, an 8.4% jump from year-ago. U.S. sales reached 98,866 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.