Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. is borrowing €300 million ($473 million) from the Export-Import Bank of Korea to help finance its €1.1 billion ($1.5 billion) plant under construction in the Nosovice industrial zone in Czech Republic. “Conditions are very tough for raising money overseas at this time, and it was easier and cheaper for us to obtain financing here in Korea than going abroad,” a Hyundai spokesman tells Ward’s. “There is a lot of turbulence in international exchange rates because of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.