Lee A. Iacocca, Detroit’s most famous turnaround expert, says General Motors Corp. is on the right track with its latest round of cutbacks, but he expresses doubts Jerry York, an advisor to billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian, is the best choice as an agent of change on GM’s board. York joined GM’s board of directors on Feb.7 to represent Kerkorian’s 9.9% ownership of GM shares held through his Tracinda Corp. The former Chrysler Corp. chairman, who twice rescued the auto maker from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.