An auto journalist from Massachusetts once told me it’s unusual that so many people in this town refer to the Ford Motor Co. as Ford’s, in the possessive sense. She thought it sounded quaint, like the Ford family still owns the company. Well, in a sense it still does, as we -- and as Jac Nasser – learned the other day. Granted the Fords don’t outright own Ford’s…or, um, Ford. They opted for it to become publicly held some years ago. If it stayed private, tax laws would have gradually ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.