SYDNEY — Two importers step up their marketing efforts in an attempt to bolster weak sales in Australia. Mazda Motor Corp.'s Australia unit increases its marketing budget by 10% after a 6% cut last year saw a 3% fall in revenue to A$596 million (US$950.6 million) and a 4.5% drop in sales to 26,222 units. Managing Director Malcolm Gough says he expects sales to return to more than 27,000 units this year. Next year's release of two new models — the Premacy multi-purpose vehicle and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.