Combining both turbocharging and supercharging in a gasoline engine to derive optimum downsizing benefits, Volkswagen AG takes another forward step in advanced engine technology with its recently launched TSI 1.4L DOHC I-4. The all-new TSI architecture follows the company’s seminal TDI (turbo direct injection) diesel and FSI (direct injection gasoline) engines. Employing the TSI system, a beefed-up version of the company’s existing gasoline 1.4L DOHC I-4 punches out an impressive 170 hp at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.