Ford Motor Co. executives couldn’t have been delighted to hear the news last Wednesday that General Motors Corp. would extend its 0% financing offer another couple weeks into November. GM’s announcement came the same day Ford reported steep third quarter losses of $692 million — including $877 million on automotive operations alone — in part because of the high cost of marketing, which gobbled up 16% of Ford’s $36.55 billion in revenues during the quarter. With total worldwide vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.