Expect incentives to remain a part of the auto industry’s near-term future, warns Nick Scheele, Ford Motor Co. president and chief operating officer. Nick Scheele “Virtually every manufacturer is using rebates right now,” he says during the auto maker’s recent annual shareholder meeting in Irvine, CA. “Does anybody like them? I don’t think anybody would really love rebates at all.” Still, they reflect “the world in which we live,” he adds. On the heels of Ford’s revelation ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.