LA JOLLA, CA – John Krafcik, president and CEO of booming Hyundai Motor America Inc., says the Korean auto maker has no plans to expand its U.S. manufacturing base beyond the current footprint, despite capacity constraints. “No short-term plans,” Krafcik tells Ward’s during a media event to launch the new-for-’11 Elantra compact car. Hyundai’s sole North American assembly plant in Montgomery, AL, with a capacity of 300,000 units annually, already is straining to build enough Sonata ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.